I had to follow up from last week's post.
President Gordon B. Hinckley said:
"Cling to the Church and live its principles and I do not hesitate to promise you that your lives will be happy, that your accomplishments will be significant, and that you will have reason to get on your knees and thank the Lord for all He has done for you in giving to you the marvelous and wonderful opportunities that you have." (emphasis added)
Here are all the sources from this.
From Note 2 in Sister Virginia H. Pearce's October 1996 General Conference talk titled "The Ordinary Classroom - A Powerful Place for Steady and Continued Growth." Conference Report October 1996, pages 12-15; or Ensign, November 1996, pages 11-14.
I read the talk in Teaching Seminary: Preservice Readings, Religion 370, 471, and 475, pp. 58-60.
The quote originated from the Church News, 3 Aug, 1996, page 2.
How's that for your daily dosage of quotations?
No comments:
Post a Comment